Monday, March 10, 2014

Avaya IPO Nightmare

I saw this the other day and it was so shocking I had to take a picture.  Actually, it's not the first time I've seen something like this with the Avaya IP Office.  It's Avaya's poor choice on using the modular connectors (RJ-11) directly on the PBX that fosters this kind of mess.  The prefered method is to use distribution blocks such as 66 or 110 to move the cross-connecting off the PBX.

I suspect this method is a hold-over from the consumer-friendly AT&T Merlin systems that were so popular in the 1990's.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but as a technician coming from the AV world, this could have been neatly manicured with some time and effort on the installers part. Lacing bars, velcro straps and some zip ties would've gone a long way. Heck, they could've made their own interconnects to custom lengths if need be. There's no excuse for this, and I hardly think it's the manufacturer's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like a mess. If I tried to do that myself it would probably look similar to the picture. I'm glad that there is companies that will come out and sort out that mess. http://www.rmtel.biz/what%20we%20do.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMPRESSED WITH SUCH A GOOD CONTENT!!
    VERY INTERESTING
    GREAT WORK
    best telephone system for office in dubai

    ReplyDelete